As we return to the skies for that first face-to-face meeting, reuniting with family or taking that well-deserved holiday, the airports we pass through will be markedly different to what we knew before. These changes might not be immediately obvious as you pass through security, browse duty-free or board your plane; but the implications are significant for investors.
The attached paper discusses:
- the recovery of business versus leisure travel
- the reduction and retirement of the 'big jet plane'
- the shift currently occuring in airline route planning
- how pre-existing duty free contracts are now affecting retailers and airport operators
- how listed airport companies create a steady stream of income through their real estate segments
- the impact of the pandemic on air travel growth in China
- the impact of net zero on airports and their operations