Please read the following important information for First Sentier Asian Bridge Fund
• The Fund is a balanced portfolio of equity and fixed income debt securities issued by Asia ex-Japan (including New Zealand and Australia) governments and corporates.
• The Fund invests mainly in Asian markets including China, is more susceptible to adverse events in Asian markets and volatile than more diversified portfolios. Investments via Stock Connects are subject to trading and quota limitation risks. The Fund may also expose to RMB currency and conversion risk.
• The Fund invests in emerging markets which may have increased risks than developed markets including currency risk/control, political and economic uncertainties, high degree of volatility, liquidity, settlement and custody risk. Equity securities have greater price volatility than debt securities. Investing in small /mid-capitalisation securities may have lower liquidity and their prices are more volatile to adverse economic developments.
• The Fund invests in debts or fixed income securities and may have credit, interest rate, currency, sovereign debt, downgrading and credit rating risks, negatively affecting its value.
• The Fund may use FDIs for hedging and efficient portfolio management purposes and may subject to additional liquidity, valuation, counterparty and over the counter transaction risks.
• The Fund may expose to China market risk including repatriation risk, uncertainties to PRC taxation policies and risks associated with Bond Connect, RQFII, the Stock Connects, indirectly via equity linked or participation notes and collective investment schemes in relation to China A Shares. The Fund may also expose to RMB currency and conversion risk.
• The Fund may at its discretion pay dividend out of capital .This amounts to a return or withdrawal of your original investment or from any capital gains attributable to that, and may result in immediate decrease of NAV per share.
• It is possible that a part or entire value of your investment could be lost. You should not base your investment decision solely on this document. Please read the offering document including risk factors for details.
Prices & performance
Show fund factsheets & data
Source: Lipper, Nav-Nav (with dividend reinvested where applicable)
Acc represents share class with dividends accumulated. M Dist represents share class with monthly distribution of dividends. H Dist represents share class with half-yearly distribution of dividends. Q Dist represents share class with quarterly distribution of dividends. Dividends are not guaranteed and may be paid out of capital. All prices are for indication only. For detail, please refer to the Fund’s factsheet for further details including investment objective & strategy, asset allocation, top 10 holdings, comparison with benchmark (if any) and disclosure.
With effect from 22 September 2020, First State Investments was rebranded to First Sentier Investors. The names of the funds were also rebranded, please view the full list of the fund name changes: Hong Kong Unit Trust (HKUT) / First Sentier Investors Global Umbrella Fund (VCC).
Tap into Asia’s growth story
Invest in the world’s growth engine
Having witnessed an unrivalled transformation and expansion over the last decade, we believe the Asian market will be the economic engine of the world.
Managed by highly experienced and well-resourced investment teams, with an absolute return mindset, a focus on long-term investing and robust risk management. We target a disciplined 50:50 allocation into equities and fixed income, actively rebalancing when the exposure to each asset class exceeds 60% at any time.
Why invest in the First Sentier Asian Bridge Fund ?
Asia continues to be the engine of global growth and offers attractive investment opportunities in both equity and fixed income markets.
Active rebalancing takes the guesswork out of investing, minimising risk of missing the opportune time.
A disciplined approach is key when aiming to achieve consistent investment outcomes by focusing on long-term structural trends and ignoring short-term market noises.
Managed by highly experienced and well-resourced investment teams, with an absolute return mindset, a focus on long-term investing and robust risk management.
Managed by autonomous investment specialist teams
The First Sentier Asian Bridge Fund is managed by FSSA Investment Managers and the First Sentier Emerging Markets and Asian Fixed Income team.
FSSA Investment Managers
FSSA Investment Managers, an autonomous investment team within First Sentier Investors, manages the fund’s Asian equity allocation. The team are bottom-up investors that scrutinise the fundamentals, constructing high-conviction portfolios that offer clients exposure to high quality companies in some of the world’s fastest-growing markets. With dedicated investment professionals in Hong Kong, Singapore and Edinburgh, the team manages a range of Asia Pacific and Global Emerging Market equity funds on behalf of institutional and wholesale clients globally.
The team conducts approximately 1,600 company meetings each year, to understand and engage with companies and their management. The team adopts an absolute return mindset and is inherently conservative, focusing on capital preservation as well as capital growth. By weighing up the potential downside with the potential upside, the risk to long-term client returns is significantly reduced.
First Sentier Emerging Markets and Asian Fixed Income Team
The First Sentier Emerging Markets and Asian Fixed Income team manages the fund’s Asian fixed income allocation. Operating across Hong Kong, Singapore, London and Sydney, the team is comprised of highly experienced investment professionals who have experience investing throughout the market cycle. The team adopts a valuation-based investment philosophy and consider the longer-term earning potential for each investment by applying a fundamental ‘Five Factor Analysis’ on each of the 15 countries in the region.
The five factors that influence and ultimately drive returns are: the macro-economic outlook; the valuation of the rates, credit and currency markets; the sentiment in those markets; the political outlook; and a technical assessment. These factors help formulate an outlook within each country and forms the basis of the team’s Asian fixed income strategies. These strategies are implemented with a medium-term time horizon, a focus on risk-return, quality credit analysis and appropriate risk management.