Please read the following important information for FSSA Asia Opportunities Fund
• The Fund invests primarily equity or equity-related securities in Asian Region (excluding Australia, New Zealand and Japan).
• The Fund’s investments may be concentrated in a single sector, country, specific region or small numbers of countries /companies which may have higher volatility or greater loss of capital than more diversified portfolios.
• The Fund invests in emerging markets which may have increased risks than developed markets including liquidity risk, currency risk/control, political and economic uncertainties, high degree of volatility, settlement risk and custody risk.
• The Fund may expose to China market risk including repatriation risk, uncertainties to PRC taxation policies and risks associated with StockConnects, QFII/RQFII, SME board, the ChiNext market and/or the STAR board. The Fund may also expose to RMB currency and conversion risk.
• Investing in securities of small/mid-capitalisation companies may have lower liquidity and more volatile prices to adverse economic developments.
• The Fund may use FDIs for hedging and efficient portfolio management purposes, which may subject the Fund to additional liquidity, valuation, counterparty and over the counter transaction risks.
• It is possible that a part or entire value of your investment could be lost. You should not base your investment decision solely on this document. Please read the offering document including risk factors for details.
Prices & performance
Show fund factsheets & data
Source: Lipper, Nav-Nav (with dividend reinvested where applicable)
Acc represents share class with dividends accumulated. M Dist represents share class with monthly distribution of dividends. H Dist represents share class with half-yearly distribution of dividends. Q Dist represents share class with quarterly distribution of dividends. Dividends are not guaranteed and may be paid out of capital. All prices are for indication only. For detail, please refer to the Fund’s factsheet for further details including investment objective & strategy, asset allocation, top 10 holdings, comparison with benchmark (if any) and disclosure.
With effect from 22 September 2020, First State Investments was rebranded to First Sentier Investors. The names of the funds were also rebranded, please view the full list of the fund name changes: Hong Kong Unit Trust (HKUT) / First Sentier Investors Global Umbrella Fund (VCC).
Specialists in some of the world's biggest new markets
Driven by fundamental company research, FSSA Investment Managers delve deep into global emerging markets to invest in high quality equities that can outperform over the long term. We are bottom-up investors and construct high-conviction portfolios that offer our clients exposure to some of the world’s fastest-growing markets.
We are long-term, responsible investors and have fully integrated environmental, social and governance factors into the investment process. To us, sustainability is not just a label, but a set of values by which we operate. We consider it to be prudent risk management and a fundamental obligation to our clients.
FSSA Investment Managers is an autonomous team within the First Sentier Investors group, with dedicated investment professionals in Hong Kong, Singapore and Edinburgh.
FSSA’s Global Emerging Markets portfolios are built company by company and from the bottom up, with little regard for index positioning. We are focused on growth in an absolute return sense and construct portfolios of high quality companies with effective management teams, long-term, sustainable growth drivers and strong financials. With low penetration rates for goods and services, and barriers to entry which protect profits and cash flow, the leading companies in the region have a good track record of compounding earnings and creating long-term value for stakeholders.
The key investment themes for our Global Emerging Markets strategies
Dominant consumer franchises
With favourable demographics and populations that are still growing – particularly in Southeast Asia and India – we believe dominant consumer franchises can offer good growth potential over the long term.
High quality financials
Banks and high quality financials should benefit from similar drivers as consumer businesses: demographics, rising incomes and urbanisation.
Rising healthcare spending
Many countries are under-invested in healthcare compared to the global average. As these economies become richer, we expect healthcare and health-related spending to rise.
Internet and technology
As the world embraces a digital future, the online marketplace is a way for businesses to tap into strong end demand and a growing market.
The FSSA investment team consists of more than 20 investment professionals based in Hong Kong, Singapore and Edinburgh.
We have a distinct culture and team structure, which has contributed to the stability of the team. Around half of our analysts joined as graduates; and the majority of our portfolio managers have been with us for most of their careers.
Our team members come from diverse backgrounds and speak 15 local languages and dialects, which contributes to the quality of research and analysis when meeting with companies. All portfolio managers are, first and foremost, also analysts; and the entire team contribute stock ideas to each of our client portfolios.