Warning about fraudulent communications that use the name of First Sentier Investments / First Sentier
First Sentier Investments is aware that from time to time, fraudsters will send out letters, text messages, faxes and emails targeting residents in the United Kingdom and abroad, using the name of First Sentier Investments or related companies in an attempt to entice them into handing over personal information or financial information.
HOW TO IDENTIFY THE FRAUD COMMUNICATIONS
The content of the fraudulent communications (sent either as a letter, email or fax) will often appear in one of the following forms:
- The use of First Sentier Investments or related company’s name and branding
- The author claims to be either ‘First Sentier Investments’ or an employee or director of First Sentier Investments
- A request for the individual to participate in an investment opportunity or confirm their personal and financial details
- A generic email address for the recipient (of the message) to respond to i.e. Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo and/or
- A hyperlink for the victim to click on to learn more about the opportunity or confirm their details i.e. click on this link for more information – www.firstsentierfakeinvestments.com
If you are an investor and receive an unexpected or unsolicited communication of this sort, please treat it with caution.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO IF YOU RECEIVE ONE OF THESE COMMUNICATIONS:
- Do not respond to any of the email addresses, telephone or fax numbers enclosed in the communications.
- Contact us on [email protected] or contact your relationship manager.
- UK residents who are concerned that they might have been a victim of fraud can report the matter and seek further advice from Action Fraud, a service run by the UK Government's National Fraud and Cyber Crime Reporting Centre. Action Fraud can be contacted by telephone on 0300 123 2040, or by visiting their website www.actionfraud.police.uk
- Non UK residents should contact the Police Authority or Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) within their country of residence.