This document is a financial promotion for The First Sentier Global Fixed Income Strategy. This information is for professional clients only in the EEA and elsewhere where lawful. Investing involves certain risks including:
- The value of investments and any income from them may go down as well as up and are not guaranteed. Investors may get back significantly less than the original amount invested.
- Currency risk: the Fund invests in assets which are denominated in other currencies; changes in exchange rates will affect the value of the Fund and could create losses. Currency control decisions made by governments could affect the value of the Fund's investments and could cause the Fund to defer or suspend redemptions of its shares..
- Credit risk: the issuers of bonds or similar investments that the Fund buys may get into financial difficulty and may not pay income or repay capital to the Fund when due.
- Interest rate risk: bond prices have an inverse relationship with interest rates such that when interest rates rise, bonds may fall in value. Rising interest rates may cause the value of your investment to fall.
- Currency hedged share class risk: Hedging transactions are designed to reduce currency risk for investors. There is no guarantee that the hedging will be totally successful or that it can eliminate currency risk entirely.
- Derivative risk: derivatives are sensitive to changes in the value of the underlying asset(s) and/or the level of the rate(s) from which they derive their value. A small movement in the value of the assets or rates may result in gains or losses that are greater than the amount the Fund has invested in derivative transactions, which may have a significant impact on the value of the Fund.
- Below investment grade risk: below investment grade debt securities are speculative and involve a greater risk of default and price changes than investment grade debt securities. In periods of general economic difficulty, the market prices of these types of securities may decline significantly.
For details of the firms issuing this information and any funds referred to, please see Terms and Conditions and Important Information.
For a full description of the terms of investment and the risks please see the Prospectus and Key Investor Information Document for each Fund.
If you are in any doubt as to the suitability of our funds for your investment needs, please seek investment advice.
Achieve deeper diversification in the most defensive part of a portfolio
With over 50 investment experts located globally, our analysts are free to select the most compelling investment ideas across global fixed income markets. We cover a broad spectrum of investment grade and high yield sovereign and corporate bonds in developed and emerging markets. This enables portfolio managers to construct diverse, efficient portfolios that are better able to meet clients' investment objectives.
Explore our products
- Sovereign bonds
- Corporate bonds
- Inflation linked bonds
- Asset back securities
- High grade bonds
- High yield
- Developed markets
- Emerging markets
- Hard currency and local currency
- Benchmark aware
- Objective based
- Buy and maintain
- Total return
- Absolute return
As well as managing established funds, we have a proven ability to manage bespoke, segregated mandates that are tailored according to client's individual requirements
Why invest in global fixed income with First Sentier Investors?
Gain exposure to unconstrained, diverse sources of fixed income returns.
Quality control and measurement throughout the investment process offers the potential for long term, repeatable investment performance.
Independent research and portfolio construction to ensure investment ideas match our client objectives.
Investment experts across Asia Pacific, Europe, and the US collaborating through our fixed income proprietary platform, the Investment Opinion Network (ION).
Our in-house research - and company engagement - remains the most important source of reference when integrating ESG considerations into our investment process.
Capturing the trend through the noise: Effective risk management allows nimble movement across a variety of market conditions - we try to capture long-term structural shifts and secular movements, but do not ignore short-term or technical factors.
We seek to deliver long-term excess returns, but have an over-arching emphasis on protecting capital.
The power of active management
By ensuring that portfolios are built in a balanced and diversified manner - where no individual risk position or view has the ability to dominate the return profile - we increase the likelihood of delivering on stated portfolio objectives. This aims to provide investors with better risk adjusted returns over time.
Continuous idea generation cna lead a diverse pool of investments, when compared and measured, and as the potential to deliver repeateable results.
Actively managed portfolios can benefit from exposure across a wide range of fixed income-related investment opportunities, including:
Portfolios can be positioned to benefit from anticipated directional movements in bond yields. Changes in economic conditions and interest rate expectations typically affect bond yields - our in-house research is therefore focused on economic indicators and the identification of trends.
We can position portfolios to benefit from anticipated movements in the shape of bond yield curves, both within developed and emerging markets. Yield curves rarely remain static for long and movements provide opportunities for active managers to exploit.
Evolving inflationary pressures affect inflation-liked bonds. We are able to implement active positions in this area of the market to benefit from anticipated trends.
We are able to gain selective exposure to issuers, whose bonds provide higher yields than comparable government securities or have better risk characteristics.
Some of our portfolios are able to benefit from movements in global government bond markets relative to one another.
Beyond yield factors, growth expectations and macro economic dynamics can be reflected in the relationship between different currencies.
Different strategies combine all or a number of these components depending on the risk return appetite of our professional clients.
Our corporate RI strategy is based upon three strategic pillars of quality, stewardship and engagement.
The Global Fixed Income team defines Responsible Investment as an investment process that considers environmental, social and governance indicators alongside traditional indicators of financial performance. Importantly, our process does not implement ethical screens. We consider ESG factors relative to their potential impact on financial performance.
Meet the team
Ky Van Tang
Ready to invest?
Contact a member of our Sales Team